License Your Pet - Pueblo City & County
Click here to purchase a license online. All dogs AND cats within the City AND County of Pueblo over the age of six (6) months must be licensed.
Dogs and Cats
*Licenses for service animals are free.
A Pueblo City or County animal license may be obtained in one of four ways:
- Locate and have available your animal’s rabies certificate AND proof of spay/neuter
- Click here to purchase a license online (all information is securely transmitted)
- Complete online license application
- Make secure payment via credit card (Visa or MasterCard accepted)
- Print receipt/payment form (this will be your temporary license until tag is received)
- Upon receiving your license securely attach it to your animal’s collar and ensure your animal wears his collar at all times
Please allow 3-6 weeks for your license to be processed and to receive your tag. If your animal has never been licensed or your license has expired the late fee will be waived.
2. Participating Veterinarians
Regular veterinarian care is essential to the health and well being of our beloved pets. The Animal Law Enforcement Department encourages all owners to seek regular veterinarian care for their animals. Our local veterinary partners can also help you license your animals. This process is simple:
- Complete license application (available at participating vets)
- Submit completed license application and payment to a participating vet and they will take care of the rest.
- You will receive your license tag from your veterinarian.
- Attach your license to your dog or cat’s collar while at the vet or ASAP.
Please remember an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Visit one of our participating veterinarians that offer licenses today and ensure your animal will live a long and healthy life as well as be protected should he become lost or missing tomorrow!
3. In Person
- Complete the Animal License Form to include proof of rabies vaccination and proof of spay/neuter (if applicable).
- Provide documentation to Customer Service Representative at Pueblo Animal Services located at:
4600 Eagleridge Place, Pueblo, CO 81008
- Submit payment (cash, Visa or MasterCard, certified funds)
- You will receive your license tag from the Customer Service Representative
- Attach your license to your dog or cat’s collar as soon as possible
- Download the online Animal License Form
- Complete form.
- Enclose copy of your rabies vaccination certificate and proof of spay/neuter (if applicable).
- Enclose full payment (check or money order made out to HSPPR) to include any applicable late fees.
- Mail all of the above to Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region (HSPPR) at:
Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
Pueblo Animal Services- Licensing
P.O. Box 912399
Denver, CO 80291-2399
- Your license application will be processed and you will receive your license in 4-6 weeks.
- Attach the license to your pet's collar immediately upon receipt.
What does my animal license pay for?
- Reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners. Every attempt is made to return licensed dogs and cats home prior to be transported to the shelter.
- Enforce animal neglect and cruelty, aggressive animal, and other local and state ordinances.
- Help neighbors resolve their animal related conflicts
- Provide shelter, food, and other essential care for lost, abandoned, and stray animals