Where are impounded animals housed?
Animals impounded in the City and County of Pueblo are transported and housed at Pueblo Animal Services located at 4600 Eagleridge Place, Pueblo, Colorado 81008.
If your pet is impounded by Pueblo Animal Law Enforcement, you will need to go Pueblo Animal Services during business hours which are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Weekends 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. You can also call (719) 544-3005 during business hours for more information.
What do I need to bring with me in order to pick up my pet?
- A drivers license or ID with your current address
- If your address is not current you will need to bring something with your name and current address, such as a utility or phone bill.
- Acceptable methods of payment for the impound fees include: cash, Visa or MasterCard, and debit cards. Checks are not accepted.
- Acceptable proof of ownership including: veterinary records, photograph, registration information, adoption paperwork, or some other accepted proof that you are the legal owner of the animal.
- Proof of a current pet license and rabies vaccination. If you do not have proof of these, you will be required to purchase them.
What are the fees?
- Impound fees range from $30-$60, depending on whether your pet has a current animal license and how many times it has been impounded
- A daily board fee of $10-$15
- If your pet is not licensed, you will have to pay for a license as well as a rabies vaccination if your pet it not current
- You will be responsible for any medical fees accrued while your animal is impounded, which include but are not limited to veterinary expenses, vaccinations and medications
- In addition to the above fees, a citation** may be issued by an Animal Law Enforcement Officer
** If you are issued a citation for any animal violation, you will not be able to pay the citation at the Animal Shelter; you will need to mail or appear in person to pay the fine at the address listed on the violation.