Volunteers are at the heart of making the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region (HSPPR) compassionate and caring. Their efforts and dedication help us accomplish our important mission: A compassionate society where animals are cared for and valued. As a private, non-profit organization, we rely heavily on the assistance of our caring, dedicated and hard-working volunteers.
HSPPR only asks a six-month commitment from its volunteers, but many of our devoted volunteers have been a part of the HSPPR for several years. Our volunteers enjoy helping animals, people and their community.
Volunteers work side-by-side with shelter staff, and provide needed manpower for those programs that improve the quality of life for shelter animals. They allow us to achieve excellence in all that we do for the animals, making the community a better place for both people and pets. Our volunteers’ commitment to us, in turn, enables us to fulfill the commitment we have made to the animals and people that we serve.
Why People Volunteer at the Humane Society
- They enjoy feeling that they are making a difference in their community.
- They love animals and want to see all animals well cared for.
- They enjoy being part of a compassionate and caring organization.
- They would like to help educate people about their responsibility as pet owners.
- They enjoy working with a friendly staff that values and appreciates its volunteers.
- They want to acquire work experience for future endeavors.
- They enjoy meeting and working with people who share their interests.
Volunteering at the Humane Society will enrich your life, improve the lives of those animals in our care, and help develop a responsible community where people and animals live in harmony.
Please consider joining our team of friendly volunteers. You, too, will enjoy the experience! Learn how to become a volunteer.