Thank you for your interest in completing your court-ordered community service at HSPPR. Available shifts are 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, 7 days a week, and the work you will be performing is janitorial. You will not be handling the animals. If you would like to work with the animals, we encourage you to come back and go through our training as a regular volunteer.
Requirements of Court-Ordered Community Service
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be registered with Front Range Community Service (719.442.2201)
- Must have a minimum of 24 hours to complete; cases with less than 24 hours will not be accepted
- Community service hours for, or past convicted charges of, (1) any felony, (2) sexual or violent crimes, (3) theft-related crimes or (4) animal neglect or cruelty within the last 7 years will not be accepted; a criminal background check will be conducted
In order to get started, you will need to:
- Complete an online application
- Submit a background check
- Make a request to Front Range Community Service to have your timesheet sent to us (719.442.2201)
- Contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator to coordinate a start date and schedule
Please understand that it is your responsibility to contact the Volunteer Programs Coordinator to schedule your training day. Submitting your application and requesting your timesheet does not warrant obligation on behalf of HSPPR to contact you.