Animal Law Enforcement

More than 1,000 lost pets NEVER had to make our shelter their home last year - officers reunited them directly with their families. How? Simply because their pet had a current license on file with Animal Law Enforcement, a division of Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region. Most of us remember to get our pets spayed or neutered, walk our pets on a leash, and keep our pets in the yard. But only about 25% of citizens remember to license their dogs, and only 3% license their cats. And it's the law! All dogs residing in Centennial, Colorado Springs, El Paso County (resolution areas), Fountain, Monument, and the City and County of Pueblo must be licensed. All cats residing in Colorado Springs and Monument must be licensed, but cat licensing in other jurisdictions is strongly recommended.

Need to update a pet license due to the transfer or loss of a pet? Click here if you have your license or notice reference number.
If you need assistance, call 719.302.8703 or email [email protected].

Additional licensing information based on where you live: 

Centennial | Colorado Springs | El Paso County | Fountain | Manitou SpringsMonument | Pueblo