While we won’t be able to celebrate our annual Pawtoberfest dog walk and beer festival muzzle to muzzle this year, we can still raise a glass AND money to help the pets and people in our community who need us now more than ever! This year’s alternative plan is a virtual Pawtoberfest event – complete with a commemorative t-shirt, costume contest, and more hairy happenings – to raise funds to continue our lifesaving programs!
October 26: “Rescue Abbie Burke from a Kennel”
- Abbie Burke, Fox 21 Morning News has gone to the dogs…stray dogs that is! Abby has joined the strays and homeless pups in a kennel here at HSPPR and needs your donations to be rescued. As soon as we raise $1,000, Abbie can be released back to her loving home at Fox 21! Check Facebook for live updates and donate here or on Facebook to help Abbie.
October 27: “No Tricks just Treats” for HSPPR Kittens & Puppies
- Tune in to Facebook as we broadcast live throughout the day from our puppy and kitten playrooms. It doesn’t get any cuter than this! For a $10 donation our volunteers will spoil those puppies and kittens rotten with treats and toys made possible by your donations. Every time we receive a $10 donation we’ll add more treats and toys to the room. Help us fill our puppy and kitten playrooms with interactive and stimulating toys that will benefit all the homeless pets in the shelter.
October 28: “Pie HSPPR’s Leaders”
- Join us on Facebook to donate to let a pie fly in the face of our leaders, Board of Directors and even Animal Law Enforcement officers. Every time we reach $100 in cumulative donations we’ll throw a pie – all in good fun, of course!
October 29: “Virtual Costume Contest”
- A Pawtoberfest tradition goes virtual! Donate $10 and submit a photo of your pet wearing a favorite costume to [email protected] by October 28. Watch our live broadcast on Facebook at noon on October 29 as our celebrity judges decide the winners. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place!
October 30: “Shelter Dog Walk in HSPPR’s Dog Park”
- Facebook at noon is the place to be to see HSPPR show off our amazing shelter pets! We will close out our fundraising campaign with a parade of shelter dogs walking in our dog park. We’ll update you on our fundraising goal and (paws crossed) we will reach our goal of raising $75,000 for animals in need. As a special incentive the first 10 people who donate $1,000 or more will have their donation matched dollar for dollar, and will be invited to a special outdoor picnic in our dog park.