Following Colorado’s current guidelines for outdoor events, we sadly won’t be able to celebrate our annual Pawtoberfest dog walk and beer festival muzzle to muzzle this year. However, we can still raise a glass AND money to help the pets and people in our community who need us now more than ever!
Pawtoberfest 2020 will be a digital fundraising campaign with special activities held between Monday, October 26 and Friday, October 30 on our Facebook page at around noon each day. While we wish we could celebrate in-person with you, the good news is that the whole family – even your cats and small critters – can attend this year from the safety of your homes!
Here’s the breakdown of the event:
- Monday, October 26: Fox 21 News anchor Abbie Burke will get to experience what’s it like to be a shelter dog at HSPPR! We are going to put her in one of our new, luxury dog kennels LIVE on camera for you. Donate to give her toys, treats, walks – and even a cone of shame during her stay. Once our fundraising goal is reached, she will be released!
- Tuesday, October 27: No tricks, all treats for HSPPR pets! For every $10 raised, we will put a new toy or treat in the room with a group of animals. Watch as the room fills to the brim with toys and treats for homeless pets! The puppies No Tricks, All Treats will be hosted by Tammy Oakland of Sunny 106.3.
- Wednesday, October 28: Go ahead and clean your glasses, because you’re going to want to see this! For every $100 raised on this day, we will pie an HSPPR leader. That’s right – sit back, donate, and watch our team get a pie to the face! If you’re lucky, you might even get to see some pups enjoying pie as well…
- Thursday, October 29: One of our favorite parts of Pawtoberfest is here to stay – the costume contest! Donate $10 and submit a picture of your dog in his or her favorite costume to enter. Props and family participation are encouraged! Judges include HSPPR spokesdog Nala, Fox 21’s Abbie Burke, and Sunny 106.3’s Tammy Oakland! As always, prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- Friday, October 30: Another Pawtoberfest tradition – the dog walk! On Friday, join us for a virtual dog walk as our Pawtoberfest volunteers parade our beloved shelter dogs around our beautiful dog park. Take a walk with us, or sit back and enjoy a beer as we do all the walking for you! You’ll also learn all about our different life-saving programs and services supported by your donations. Donors of $1,000 and more will be invited to a special VIP picnic with HSPPR’s CEO!
But, what about the t-shirts???
Never fear, t-shirts are here! Pawtoberfest t-shirts are back with a limited edition 2020 “In This Together” design. Get your t-shirt now for only $35, which includes a $20 donation to HSPPR.
How else can I get involved?
In addition to participating in the week’s activities, you can raise funds virtually as an individual or as a team starting now through October at Pawtoberfest.org. Create your own personal peer-to-peer (or is that beer-to-beer???) fundraising page complete with photos of your pets and reach out to friends and family to ask for their support!
Missing the vendor fair, you say?
We are too! We always get the BEST swag and pet products from our amazing Pawtoberfest vendors. But the good news is, you don’t have to wait until next year to see our sponsors. You can visit them each virtually at our digital Vendor Fair! Support the businesses that support HSPPR!
Thank you all for your support during this difficult time. All the proceeds from our Pawtoberfest campaign go right back toward helping the homeless pets in our community. Your generous Pawtoberfest donations help us fund our life-saving programs and save more lives year-round! To get more information or participate, visit Pawtoberfest.org, or check out our Facebook page. And we’ll see you LIVE on Facebook on October 26!